Applying aerospace technologies to solve industry needs has allowed
- ■ To develop an instrument for measuring temperature in a furnace
- ■ Produce a robust design, resistant to extreme hostile conditions
- ■ Generate a temperature data base and operating conditions in real time
- ■ Model the behavior of the furnace and the product under different conditions of temperature
Design Criteria for the instrument to operate in an enclosure with an aquatic barrier, inside a furnace working at 900 to 1,000 C° range.
- ■ Measures temperature inside a 7” steel pipe
- ■ Acquires and stores data generated by five thermocouples type K and one accelerometer.
- ■ Mitigates heat propagation by conduction, convection and radiation.
- ■ Stores data in low and high resolution (2Hz and 10Hz).